Friday, April 16, 2010

New Cook Book

Husband is very passionate about cooking so I got him the ad hoc at home. Before I bought the book, I've actually seen it at Barnes & Noble. So I know it's practical and doable at home. That's also the evil reason behind it. He can make some of the foods at home for me. Muahaha~!


It's good to know the chef loves garlic. I used to hate garlic a lot but now I grew to like it, just not crazy yet.


The inside cover is another pig symbol. "ad hoc" (literally, for this purpose) was originally a temporary restaurant operating while the owner remodeling the real one. But they decided to keep it open since customers loved it so much that they couldn't close it. The food there was basically family style.


These are some of the food that I would love to try. Fried chicken, all time favorite.


Beets salad


Grits cake. Yes I love grits.


Just when I uploaded the photos, I found out that this one is also the dish on the back of the book. Hmm great minds think alike. Haha JK.


Dish show off time, anyone?



4 comments:

Lulu said...

ooo i can't wait to see what you and hubby whip up based on some of the recipes inside! let me know how you like the book, I love cooking as well :)

Annie Dong said...

The pig icon reminds me that I have NO idea what the different cuts of meat are called. The only things I know are "legs" and "head"... eesh, do people even ask for "heads" of anything? xD Scary.

I've learned to love garlic, now that I've started cooking. It's such a versatile ingredient. :D

Laura L said...

aww. I want that grits cake too... and the egg yolk.. haha..
have u tried out some of the recipe?

clover said...

haha! everything looks suppperrrr yummy. have fun eating the stuff you cook out of there :] :]

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails